• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

I returned to action Wednesday against Rio Grande Valley. My leg was pretty sore, but I should be good to go.

In my two games I watched from the stands, I was able to learn a lot.

We’re a fast and exciting team. We didn’t give up many chances and when we did, we have two of the best goalies in the league to back us up. We have a great young nucleus that is just starting to learn Scott Muscutt’s systems. Once we all buy-in we’re going to be fine.

Our goaltenders are the backbone of our team right now. Johnny and Kenny are making huge saves for us right now. We are going to need that from them the whole year to be successful. It’s nice having that chance every night to win because of your goaltenders.

I learned some things about our power play, too.

We have to get guys in front of the goaltender. We had chances to shoot, but there was no one in front. We have to get crashing and keep it simple – move the puck, shoot the puck. We were moving it really well we just didn’t have those guys in front of the net.

Saturday I did the color commentary with Justin Scholtes.

Justin does a great job. It's never easy to replace someone like Steve Mears, but he does a great job. He calls a great game. He takes a lot of pride in what he does. He’s like Mearsy in many ways. Hopefully he’ll learn down here and move on like Mearsy.

I gave him a little jabs during the broadbast like I used to Steve. I didn’t want to give him all at once. I had to give him a couple to let him know I was there.

I heard some funny things about my outfits this weekend. Everyone just wanted to buy my cane off me. Maybe it will go on eBay. I’m going to need a little money for Christmas.

I'm off to spend Thanksgiving with my father-in-law Don Long. I have a buddy coming into town from Canada, too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were glad to see you in Rio, Dan. Just a hard night of hockey. The kiddos appreciate the puck you gave them at warm-ups! And by the way, we now know why you guys say our fans and our arena is the best...That Dodge place where the Bees play has NOTHING on the CTC. Glad to be back home at the SWAMP!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home